-
Close

A. Lange & Söhne

Brand Navigation

The Maison The Models Related Content

The Maison

Portrait

Established near Dresden, Saxony, in 1845 by Ferdinand A. Lange, the German Manufacture A. Lange & Söhne is admired for the quality of its exquisite mechanical watches. They are distinguished by unparalleled technical ingenuity and a degree of perfection which can only be achieved by hand.


History

Manufacture A. Lange & Söhne was established in Glashütte, Saxony, by Ferdinand A. Lange in 1845. For the next hundred years, A. Lange & Söhne pocket watches were among the most sought-after timepieces in the world, until the Second World War forced the company into a 40-year hiatus. In 1990, following German reunification, Walter Lange, great-grandson of Ferdinand Adolph Lange, revived the brand which in 2000 became part of the Richemont Group.Now employing close to 500 people, half of whom are watchmakers, the company produces timepieces whose quality of execution has given new status to German mechanical watchmaking.

View Timeline

The Models